Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, July 13, 2007

Took it easy on the blog-browsing this morning, thought I'd knock up a poem instead (a poem!). America does that to you. A poetic people, Americans.


America

While weathered blondes still roam in denim shorts
And pose at essential waterfalls,
It will be worth slipping England’s clipping
For exuberance, and shopping malls.

I could hit golf balls into the ocean.
Police would stop me, and I would let them.
We might disagree, but good-naturedly,
And talk of the Queen, and David Beckham.

Or head out East with a mountain bride.
I’d think at Appalachian vistas,
“Oh, Tennessee, you’ll be the death of me,”
And rub my American blisters.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.