Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, December 30, 2005

Terror and Liberalism - Paul Berman



Last night I dreamt that I had made a trip back to my old college to give a speech. The usual smug faces from my time there were sat waiting. I did it without notes. I castigated them for their political idiocy. "“Why are you so obsessed with Israel and America?" I said, "What about all the dictatorships out there? What about the women who have no say in their societies? Do you not care for them?" I was impassioned and enflamed. I stormed from the room, walked out through the bar, adrenaline pumping. At the door I turned, raised my arms and extended both middle fingers; a raspberry blew from my lips. I swaggered out of the bar, triumphant.

It was a nice dream.

UPDATE! That girl who got herself kidnapped

"'Kate had long ideological discussions with the kidnappers which certainly tired her out,' one official said, 'but we have been trying to impress on her that it was serious and that she was kidnapped.'"

“It’s been reported that she badgered her kidnappers and I could believe that. You can just imagine: there’s this outcry over the kidnapping and she’s arguing with them in Arabic about ideology."


sounds like a nightmare.

UPDATE 2!
That girl's family was kidnapped too, right? How out of character for the media to be concentrating on a blonde woman.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.