Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, December 16, 2005

Classics: A Very Short Introduction - John Henderson and Mary Beard


NB: Couldn't find the actual cover.

I don't have it with me, so I'm going to have to busk this one. They start with a frieze in the British museum and build outwards. The Greeks are fascinating as we don't know enough to be sure about anything, but have enough evidence to let our imaginations go hog-wild. Consequently, Classics says more about our culture than it does about any ancient one.

My friend Dan (PhD in the phallus) recommended this to me, describing it as, "very good, and very short." The second of these particularly appealed. I pass his words on to you, unchanged.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.