Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Israelis: Founders and Sons – Amos Elon




Nine years ago I was watching early Seinfeld episodes and eating cheese and biscuits; Amos Elon’s Founders and Sons was on my shelf. Last night I was watching early Seinfeld episodes and eating cheese and biscuits; Amos Elon’s Founders and Sons was on my shelf. Then it was Krackawheat, now it is Ryvita. Then I was reliant on a capricious BBC 2 scheduler, now I watch them on DVD. Then I hadn’t read Founders and Sons, now I have. All other differences are trivial.

I took the book with me when I went to live in Israel. I got to page 87, shrugged, and slung it to one side – another addition to the I Must Get Around to Reading Sometime pile. But you know, politics, international relations, arguments, posturing, people always bloody banging on about Israel, my suspicion that people who did this banging didn’t know what they were talking about... I picked it up again a few months ago. Glad I did.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.