Google
Jah Jah Dub

Monday, November 21, 2005

Inferno - Dante



Fuck me this is boring.

Since the fourteenth century the only pleasure that anyone has ever had from Inferno is a self-congratulating, “hey! I’m reading Dante!”

If you haven't fallen for the trap already, if you've occaisonally thought, "you know, maybe I should give it a whirl some day..." then let me disabuse you of any hope that it will be interesting or worthwhile. It's not. It's bollocks.

You could blame the translation, sure, but I’m not falling for that. I’m pointing the figure squarely at Alighieri. And you know what? Apparently it’s the most enjoyable part of the Divine Comedy.

Christ.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.