Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Following a few of the comments after the Wallace and Gromit post, I’ve been thinking about why I do like them. Partly it is because they remind me of childhood, of films watched with parents; in my old age I have become ridiculously melancholy and sentimental, and I find the plasticene helps. Part of it is that they portray a world where the sixties never happened (some say, “the North”): as we all know, with the exception the albums Frank Sinatra made with Antonio Carlos Jobim and Duke Ellington, nothing culturally worthwhile has been produced since 1959. There was a time when the barbarians were without and the gates were still sturdy.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.