Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I broke my glasses about a year ago. They were old; I didn’t like them much; not a great loss. I realised, of course, that I should get a new pair, that wearing contact lenses for seventeen hours a day, seven days a week was probably a little foolish, but there was always another day – and anyway, it’s only my eyes, for God’s sake. A sequence of events too tedious to recount even here led me back to an opticians last month. My prescription was duly amended. Couple of weeks later and I think, “what the hell, let’s get a pair of those 'glasses' they’re all talking about.” So I did. I picked them up yesterday and I’m wearing them now.

The general consensus seems to be that I look like Woody Allen, but in a good way, apparently.



More importantly, I received a negative (though admittedly hesitant) response to my question, "But do I look like I work in bloody advertising?"

Jane tried them on. She wasn’t too keen, said they made her look too much like Supernanny. Is it possible to look too much like Supernanny?



My eyes feel strange, the wretched ingrates: guzzling, they are bloated on the moisture I'd denied them.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.