Google
Jah Jah Dub

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How do those calling for a withdrawal of the "occupying" troops respond to this?

I'm ventriloquizing, so forgive me if I'm unfair. The arguments, as I see them, would boil down to:

1) "Hoshyar Zebari is a Western puppet."

The Galloway response. The Iraqi government is made up of quislings - collaborators with the occupying forces. The "insurgents", the mosque-bombers and the head-choppers, are the true representatives of the Iraqi people; it is their needs which must be addressed.

and


2) "Well, that's very sad but it's the Iraqis' problem".

Two philosophies behind this one -

(i) I care more about the terrorist threat. I'd love to help, but any risk to British life is a risk I'm not prepared to accept. I'm sorry.

or

(ii) Iraqis are somehow different. They can solve their own problems. We, the West, do not have the right to interfere in those problems.


Mirage or Taboo, which one are you?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.