Google
Jah Jah Dub

Monday, June 13, 2005



Is there a sight more pleasing than a vanquished Australian? I’m no nationalist, nor cricket fan, and yet…

My friend Ed was like that, all “Boo! How ya like me now?” whenever he won at anything. It annoyed me. It brought out my competitive side. I didn’t want to win: I wanted him to lose. And so it is with Australians. If they care that much about beating England then I hope they are defeated, every time.

Cricket has lurked just beyond my gaze for a few years now. Sometimes I think I might try to get into it: it seems gentle. I suppose it would be a bit obvious to convert now. The 20-20 looks good though. Boundaries and Outs. The fun stuff.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.