Google
Jah Jah Dub

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I was in a play when I was 11. You had to be 13 to be in the group, but Simon, this mysterious guy who groomed me for the Scouts, got me in. He left soon afterwards, leaving me confused in the middle of a twenty adolescents (girls... what?). The Gaia Conspiracy it was called. I've already checked it on Google: I can't find nothing. They'd taken care of casting before I joined, so I was First Guard. I don't know why I'm making excuses, I had the charisma of a young Charles Hawtrey, I was never going to be the lead. The last performance was at Worcester Arts Centre. Second Guard and I decided to play it Scottish (recognised by a post-play recruit: she specifically mentioned "the Scottish guys"). Those five lines had never been played so well. After that I mobbed with a couple of public school guys who were two years older and into Guns 'N Roses. I had never encountered anyone so crazy. They met some girls. They left. I did one soon afterwards.

There ends my dramatic career.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.