Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, May 06, 2005

I can't remember the last election. I remember that my housemate and I voted Lib Dem because he looked like the biggest loser. Labour were always going to win that one. I remember watching the US election though, for a while, with booze. When Texas turned to too close to call we stayed up for a while, but nothing was happening so we went to bed. Good thing, really, we'd have stayed up for weeks if we'd wanted a result.

1997 I was in Egypt. The first election I could have voted in but I didn't get my post on. We were in Dahab on the Red Sea. Sheltering in our rickety shack we tuned in to the World Service. Portillo losing his seat to an openly gay man! Huge Labour majority! Extraordinary.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.