Google
Jah Jah Dub

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Marty tries to keep his blog apolitical, so I'm sure he won't mind me posting about some idiocy he spotted.

What? Even worse than Eric Idle?

Terry Jones: if you can't be right, at least try to be funny - you manage neither. If I was on a desert island with this, I think I would rather eat it than read it: two less imaginative satirists it's hard to imagine. But I should focus. This article. We'll tactfully turn a blind eye to the humour - it's about as funny as sickle cell anaemia - and concentrate on the content. Apparently child malnutrition has increased over the last two years. So therefore:

Iraqi children were actually better off under Saddam Hussein than they are now.

It's pointless even going through this article pointing out the inconsistencies and errors, it screams them of its own accord. Summary: invasion was bad; sanctions were bad. What would have been good is left to the imagination, coexistence presumably, the most amoral of all the options. But there! I've fallen into his trap! I've taken it seriously! It's not even supposed to be reasoned. It's lazy, empty, mindless and immoral.

At least Eric Idle did the One Foot in the Grave theme tune.


UPDATE: Gary Kent does a much more thorough job on the article here.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.