Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Fair play, they replied:

To: Lembit Opik

Dear Mr Opik,

Or may I call you Lembit? It's so hard to tell nowadays! Email has led
to a confusion over etiquette, don't you think?

I am trying to promote my blog, http://jahjahdub.blogspot.com, and was
wondering if I could feature a quote from you? Something along the
lines of:

"Hi, I'm Lembit Opik, and I read Jah Jah Dub every day (or whenever
the busy parliamentary calender allows)."

My friends and I think you're quite the "cool dude", so my credibility
would soar!

Keep up the good work: thanks to you, I'm now terrified of meteorites!

Best wishes to you and yours,

Alistair



Reply:

Dear Alastair,

I work for Lembit in Westminster. The great man asked me to tell you "Good luck with the blog"- feel free to put that on the website.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Liked your line about George Plimpton and the "ease and charm that only an upbringing of extreme privilege can give." He's good in When We Were Kings- the M Ali Doc.

All the best

John

John *********
Parliamentary Researcher
Office of Lembit Öpik MP

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.