Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, February 11, 2005

I really should have learnt my lesson by now: you go out for a drink after work with James and before the evening is through you’ll be singing karaoke in a gay pub. It’s inevitable. “Let’s Dance” this time - missed the first “Serious Moonlight”, caught the others. I may add it to my repertoire. Two Irishmen came up to us when we were looking at the list of song options. The first, a likeable and oleaginous drunk of around fifty, was all:

Where are you from? You look too exotic to be English.

(Runs back of index finger across my cheek)

Are you sure you’re not Slavic on your mother’s side?


His brief burst of “Danny Boy” was nice too. The approach of the second was – quite frankly - mystifying:

Do you have an agent? I’ll make you a star. You already are a star! Do you have an agent? I could take you to the top. The top! I don’t care about sentimentality or that you’re just here to ‘have fun’. I care about the bottom line.

(Slaps table)

The bottom line! You know Kate Moss? Well, do you? Do you know Kate Moss? Yes? Right. She was discovered in an airport. You see this?

(Takes out wallet)

In here is everything I have – access to all my money. You want it? Take it! Take it all! I’ll make you a star! Do you have an agent?



We managed to escape them. And James's version of A Letter From America was magnificent.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.