Google
Jah Jah Dub

Monday, January 31, 2005



I believe in democracy. As ways of organising a society go, I can only justify democracy and anarchy. But I prefer democracy. Yesterday was a good day. No matter what you thought of the intervention, had it not occurred, there would not have been elections. Hussein would still be leader, and thousands of Iraqis would be dead from sanctions. To the apologists for theocratic slaughter and “Not in My Name” Pontius Pilates, that may be preferable; but I prefer it this way. Yesterday we had some good news. More people will die and the same problems are all still there; but watching the coverage, I am not ashamed to say that I welled up just a little.

And the kedgeree was just fine.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.