Google
Jah Jah Dub

Sunday, November 07, 2004

So I’m watching The Fight on BBC 2 tonight, and I’m looking at Jake LaMotta - punch-drunk, tiny-handed like a wrinkled T-Rex, slurring and wearing a Stetson - and I’m thinking, how sad: boxing is inhumane and barbaric. Look at him, what a tragedy. Then I thought: this man has fought Sugar Ray Robinson six times; has had thousands cheering him on in Madison Square Garden; is wearing a Stetson as an old man; has a poster of Raging Bull behind him, a film describing his career; took part in the 1953 FBI hearings on corruption in boxing... And I thought, “what a brilliant life. What the fuck have *you* done?”

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.