Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, November 25, 2004

New addition to the "Quite good once you know" file:

Along with "See Emily Play" by Pink Floyd and that one by Status Quo* we can add "Silver Machine" by Hawkwind. All I knew of Hawkwind was from Mark Radcliffe's terrible, clumsy "Showbusiness: The Diary of a Rock 'n' Roll Nobody" and that some version of them played the Isle of Man during the TT races every year. This didn't endear me to them; the only other groups who deigned to visit Ellan Vanin during my residence being P.J. and Duncan and Mansun. I realise now, of course, that those were two good reasons why I should have paid attention a long while ago.


* Comment here with, "Which one? "In the Army Now"? "Down Down"? They did nothing but tunes!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.