Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, November 25, 2004

I’m a Celebrity – Update

I must confess (“…I’ve been hanging round your old address…”) I didn’t watch it last night. However, if news reports are to be believed then I only have bad things to say. What was once a pure and beautiful thing has been destroyed. Continuity and stand-offishness from the makers gave the show its greatness, its stranded on a desert island feel. Once you start indulging producers’ whims and pulling stunts like the dropping in of new camp mates, the illusion is destroyed: they are once more on television, they are there to compete and are expecting gimmicks. It’s 14.55 on Thursday the 25th of November and I’m proclaiming the show clinically dead, the only uncertainty is how long before they turn off the life support. Any new series must overhaul the format. A troop of c-listers dragging a ship through South America? I’d buy that for a dollar.

UPDATE: I may modify my stance. With Emma B. on the way, this series could be a great, no-rules, anarchic piece of craziness - the kind of thing that Channel 5 does so well (The Farm, Back to Reality). But if so then it must be the final run.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.