Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Watching the concert video of "Sign O' The Times" I think I may have been wrong in my Correct Opinion on Prince - I was insufficiently hyperbolic. (Un?)Interstingly enough, it seems much more dated than the Stones in the Park which also arrived today. The latter obviously takes place in the past, of course, but somehow jars less with the now - maybe because it's so obviously a(n) historical document. Perhaps the eighties will achieve this with distance. Presumably they will, every other decade has.

And how about this for an opening line to a song,

"I guess I should have known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last."

There's no touching this (Peter) Pan of popular culture - more talent than the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Bowie put together. Of course this is his problem as well as his gift. Ahh, I shall stop now before I write another Correct Opinion about him. Like him! That is all.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.