Google
Jah Jah Dub

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I am not of The Left. There, I've said it. My name is AlistairJohnston and I am not of the Left! Thank you, thank you, that feels so much better! OK. Here's why (and it's not because I'm of “the Right”. Slow down.) 

 
1)  There is no coherent position. What does "the Left" mean? (again, substitute "Right" if you like...) 

2) I can’t defend much of what defines the positions of the self-styled “Left”, nor would I want to. Why? Because a lot of it is cowardly, reactionary, mindless and concerned only with mild tinkering with the status quo

3) Identifying with either side blinds you with ideology, makes up your mind for you and stops you thinking. I object to this self-blinkering.

 
I will be dealing with these in turn as no one ever reads really long posts and we’re moving offices over the next two days and I’m not sure how much time I’m going to have. I’ll probably glue it all together and put it up on the Correct Opinion at some point.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.