Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, June 18, 2004

This was going to be a response to Stu's comment but it has a post kind of a feel so I'm putting it here.

So... why nothing about the football?





Short answer: I haven't seen much of it. I've missed both England games so far, was out on Sunday and I was watching a ballet yesterday so I have nothing to say about England's performances.

Longer answer(s):

1) There's more than enough pontificating about Euro 2004 already. If you want to read about it, there's bountiful information and opinion elsewhere. Football is completely overexposed, whilst David Bellamy, alas, is being cruelly ignored. (NB If I ever get round to making any T-shirts, Bellamy will be one of the first. I could start a website of t-shirt ideas. All the kids would be wearing them, you'll see.)

2) It hasn't particularly captured my imagination(/I haven't been swept up in the phoney hype - you decide). I'll watch games if I'm in, but I'm not going to organise my life around some millionaires kicking a ball about. It seems like a bit of a spin-off from club football - Silvestre and Pires playing in the same team! Crazy! Like Back to Reality with Big Brother *and* I'm a Celebrity... contestants sharing the same house.


BUT: As I've been prompted to this I'd just like to say can we drop the "we" when talking about England games? "We won!" "Really?! You were playing?!" And while I take a delight in Rooney's nascent genius, it is the same feeling I get whilst watching young Ronaldo - the former in no way represents me.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.