Google
Jah Jah Dub

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Ooh, just had a conversation with someone. A man just probed my doorbell.

- Hi there.
- (croaky)... h... he... hello.
- We're trying to track down all the BT customers in the area. I'm from Some Company. My name's Ian. What's your name?
- Hi, I'm Alistair.
- Right Alistair. You've probably seen our adverts on TV, yeah?
- Don't know. Maybe.
- The ones with the guys in the pub? They put their money in a box or something like that anyway, I can't quite remember.
- Yeah... yeah, I think I know.
- Pretty good, aren't they? Eh? Look at my encouraging and inclusive smile.
- Ummm... I don't know them actually. I'm sure they're great.
- Watch as my smile fades slightly. Ok, well you know the BT minimum something? With us you pay that and then there's some kind of different rate or something which will apparently make all the difference and mean you can have a diamond phone.
- I'm going to stop you there. We're all moving out really soon.
- Oh... when?
- Ummmm.... next month? Yeah, next month.... June. That's it, the end of June. Not the beginning, that's only next week, it would be a bit ridiculous of me to claim we were moving *then*.
- Ah. Ok. Not found anywhere to move to yet?
- Move? Oh yeah. No, looked at some places tonight but couldn't find anything.
- I don't know about you, but I think we should end this conversation here. Not only am I clearly not going to sell anything, but I'm finding this device of mixing truth and comment on what has happened increasingly tiresome.
- Agreed.
- Why don't you go back and watch the football? Or Hell's Kitchen: Extra Portions? That's on ITV 2 now.
- Yeah, might do. Bye then.
- Bye.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.