Google
Jah Jah Dub

Monday, April 19, 2004

Went to a club on Friday night, first time in a while. It started off promisingly enough: the music put a dip in my hip and a glide in my stride, and that’s always welcome. But then they changed DJs, Tone Loc’s Funky Cold Medina gave way to mediocre electro and the spell was broken. Disgruntled yet hopeful we sat out twenty or so minutes of one pedestrian yet apparently acceptable choice after another until cutting our losses. I may have to either stop going out or take to storming DJs’ citadels, a glowstick in my hand and a copy of “Shoop” by Salt n’ Pepper clasped in my teeth. Either way, I’m no longer too interested in participating in this game of people dancing to music they don’t really like, played to them by someone who would secretly rather be pumping out something less credible, but you know, good.

And the night bus broke down. And the next one wasn’t for half an hour. Managed to get the last spicy wings in Chicken Cottage though, so I had my second Cottage Meal in two days.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.