Google
Jah Jah Dub

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Once more I find myself squirming on the horns of a dilemma. It seems I have the house to myself tonight. Two films arrived for me today and I would dearly like to see them as soon as possible. However, both are so wonderful that I would also like to watch them with other people and share the experience. Unfortunately, I fear that each may be too intense to go through twice in any short period of time. However, I may not be able to resist... They are The Cable Guy and Trading Places.


Here some opinions for you, completely free of charge. You're welcome to use them as you see fit:

- Jim Carrey is the greatest actor of his generation.

- The Cable Guy is a flawed masterpiece. If it were in French and starred no one you'd ever heard of, but was otherwise *exactly* the same (in fact, if it still had Jim Carrey in, but you'd never seen him in anything else), it would be a cult classic. Boring people at parties would try and chat you up by saying how great it is, "it's really funny, but also dark... the stalker is *really* creepy, but hilarious too. Have you heard of Jim Carrey? No? He's a genius, an incredible physical comedian with an air of real menace. Yeah, I have it on video. I could lend it to you... or you could come round and see it. Looks like you're empty there, can I get you another drink?"

- 18 Again is the finest offering from the 1980s cycle of bodyswap comedies. Forget Mickey Rourke, our greatest loss from that generation of actors is Charlie Schlatter (currently appearing in Diagnosis Murder).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.