Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Would it be bad of me not to turn up for my last day tomorrow? It would leave everyone slightly underwhelmed, having expected the day to be at least a bit different. (It would be different, there would be more work for everyone to do.) I'm expecting to get a card, at least. Someone would be left with it, and no real idea of how to get it to me. That would make them feel a bit strange, they couldn't really throw it away, not immediately anyway. It'd probably sit in a drawer for a few months until they came across it, read the messages and put it in the bin. I told Susanna I'd go for a drink with her at lunchtime and have a game of pool. She'd be a bit pissed off that I wasn't there. Judith would be too. Even though the only time I've been in a pub with her was at Christmas Eve, and that was awkward, she would still prefer the uncomfortable ritual.

I will come in though. Much as I would love to avoid the toe-curling surprise presentation of a leaving card. (I'd better get one... Actually, it's just about possible that there's been a whip-round. Sweet Lord, what on Earth would they buy?) They'll probably want me to say something... "Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..."

Jeez.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.