Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, March 19, 2004

Things people say which make my blood run cold.

1) "Rollocking"
2) "Chill" ("Yeah, I'm going to take a few days off. You know, just chill...")
3) "It" meaning she/her. ("Yeah, I'd shag it, but I wouldn't be that bothered either way, you know?")
4) "Pad" in the sense of domicile
5) "Wicked" as a term of approbation
6) "I had a really weird dream last night..."
7) "Itch" when "scratch" is meant. ("I just need to itch my arm." "What with? Itching powder? Why would you want to do that?")
8) "Going large"
9) "I wonder if you can help me... I'm looking for a piece of filing I put in about two weeks ago..."
10) "Haitch"

Some old favourites there, but I'm grouping them together. There are loads more actually, ones which don't make me look quite so much of a pedant/snob. This list may be continued.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.