Google
Jah Jah Dub

Thursday, November 20, 2003

I was trapped on the horns of a dilemma last night. My heart wanted wins for Wales and Scotland, while my try-hard head said, "it’s stupid to support a team for nationalistic reasons. You’re neither Scottish nor Welsh anyway, so why should you care? You’re being sentimental and should want Russia and Holland to win as they are more gifted and will grace 2004 with superior football. Removing all jingoism, you should desire what will give the greatest spectacle. You should be concerned only with the aesthetic." So I was in a win-win/lose-lose situation whatever happened. Ideally I’d have wanted Russia and Scotland. I have an affection for the Dutch team, mercurial and faction-friendly as they are, but there’s still plenty of time for them to self destruct before the final. And at least this way England won’t have to play one of the other "home nations". That would have been a world of pain.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.