Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, August 15, 2003

For fans of my half-arsed attempts to land on my feet in a job I don't mind and which pays enough to eat meat, here are the highlights of my Civil Service Assessment Board feedback.

1) I was strongest in the interviews. This is a pleasing development as I was beginning to fear that I was Rainman. Also, I knew that the Chair wanted "it". Give me a middle aged woman interviewer every time. Hitting the right balance between the-attentive-son-they-wish-they-had and the prospective-lover-who-can-appreciate-their-beauty-and-make-them-feel-again-like-an-attractive-woman is hard, but ultimately rewarding. (But not in this case.)

2) I showed strong evidence of being able to think "outside of the box". Of course I did! Coming up with unexpected opinions is all I do all day.

3) I fucked up the policy exercise. Thanks, I know. I was writing it as if I had three hours. Sure did have two. Only sunk in completely with ten minutes to go.

4) I would have done better in the team exercises if I'd used my opponents', sorry, co-candidates' names. Brilliant.

5) I should have paid more attention to the wider concerns of society in my arguments. Sorry Jack, I'm working for the Department of Social Affairs, and I'm giving my all for them, even if they don't exist and this is an exercise. Perhaps I should have made clear to everyone that the offer from a private company for government land that I suggested we accept was massively below market rates. Still, I got everything my department wanted done. Surely I win then? Unlike rubbish Andy, he wanted three local health centres but I busted his balls and he gave up two thirds of his budget to invest in a teaching hospital that I wanted. I so won that exercise, and built an empire to boot. They sucked.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.