Google
Jah Jah Dub

Friday, July 25, 2003

I've spent the whole freaking afternoon trying to get a banker's draft for my freaking rent for this freaking estate agent. (A banker's draft? What the fuck is a banker's draft? I'm surprised it doesn't have to be delivered by carrier pigeon.) Spend whole lunch break in the Barclays waiting for a personal banker. (They told me on the phone yesterday that I needed one.) Finally get there and find out I could have gone straight to a cashier. And I need two forms of ID... for some reason. I didn't have two forms of ID.

So I have to take the rest of the afternoon off work, which I won't get paid for. I go home, pick up my passport and go to Clapham Barclays. Inside is a junkie kicking off because they need ID.

Junkie: I am Mr Deal!
Teller: You need ID, sir.
Junkie: But I am Mr Deal! I make all the deals. Mr Deal, I make all the deals... in the universe...

Eventually I get served. The cashier doesn't know how to do it so hands my passport and form to some mysterious woman backstage. Eventually she comes looking for me with the precious draft.

Girl: Are you Mr Johnston?
Me: I am.
Girl: Sorry, I couldn't remember what you looked like.
Me: That's flattering. My features should be burnt onto your heart by now. (I said the second part in my head.)
Girl: Bye, thanks for waiting.


So it wasn't all bad.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.