Google
Jah Jah Dub

Monday, June 16, 2003

I've been doing this for two weeks now and I've finally worked out what it is. My brain written down. I don't need a soapbox and can't think what interest anyone would have in my opinions anyway. I don't spend the day thinking about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or media attitudes to asylum seekers. I also don't think in paragraphs or essays. What's up here is the contents of my mind. Tiny things that keep me amused or perplexed throughout the day. Shamefully, there really isn't too much more to me. I know that sometimes you may find out more than you care to know about me, but that's the nature of the beast. (I do keep some things back. So far.) I was thinking about making this uncomfortably intimate, but writing down my "feelings" would be misleading anyway, I'm very seldom serious, even in my own head. Think this way is more honest if anything. However, I realise that there are some things I'd like to "publish" which wouldn't fit in here. That's why I'm going to do a more structured website. I'd like to get some feedback too, which means I need a guestbook or message board.

*Why isn't "In Bed with Me Dinner" still on?

*Guy at work to my supervisor: "I'm going to Turkey on holiday". "Oh really? That'll be nice. Is it hot?" (She is from South Africa.) "Yeah, it's just by Greece. On the Equator." Brilliant.

*Danny Baker's Saturday morning Radio 1 show, toddlers in crash helmets running into piles of cans. Top Gear is like this now. Sorry Martin, I shouldn't have doubted you.

*Can't get Yahoo on work computers. The f*cking Man.

*Write up mine and Ed's catchphrases from back in the day.

*Think I'm finally getting bored of cheese on toast. Add Worcester sauce?

*Take up Tai Chi?

*Do a detox.

*Become an ascetic. Or a bon viveur.

*Banal is the new profound.

*Should kiss work colleagues goodbye at the end of the day.

*Why can't supermarkets have singles nights, like in San Fransisco in the '70s.

*Imagine having a "cheese board".

*Section for website - "Women you obviously would, no matter what you say."

*Gordon Haskell - Harry's Bar. Stop it. Imagine having it playing when a friend came round.

*Start using staff's names in shops. "Thank you...... Kemi."

*Middle aged bloke in Sainsburys putting whole basket on conveyor belt. Looked surprised when told he had to unpack it. Brilliant. First time mate?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.