Google
Jah Jah Dub

Saturday, June 14, 2003

I sure am wasted. James is about to go to Clapham Common to have a sex. He has work at 9.00 tomorrow. I have no work. And no sex. Sure do wish I was gay.

I've just finished Careless Love, the second volume of an Elvis biography. I'm no Elvis fan, but I still read 1200 densely-typed pages on "the King". I'm glad I did too, the eventual (inevitable) tragedy cries out to be compared to America's lost promise, blah, blah, blah, nothing you couldn't have thought out yourself. However, for the first time, I actually thought of Elvis as a man, as a human being, not the icon "Elvis" which we're all so familiar with. I know it sounds obvious, but I never actually thought of him as a child, doing stuff kids do. Yada, yada, yada.

We (James and me) went to some dirt pub tonight. It was open until 1am and there sure was kareoke. This was a bit of a curate's egg to be honest. Obviously we put some requests in, but this meant we had to stick around until we had the chance to sing, (2 hours later) so we missed out on going anywhere else. (Walkabout.) Of course I sang. Of course I chose "Shake your Bon-Bon" by Ricky Martin. Of course it went down a storm with the filth that were still there at 0.51. In fairness, there was an Asian girl there who was unbelievably attractive. She had it going on, you know what I'm saying? And she spoke to me, and tried several times to get me to dance. Guess what I did? Bing! Nothing. She was lovely too. I am such a loser.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Jah Jah. Make your own badge here.